Friday, August 28, 2020
The Psychological Science department will be hosting two virtual events on Wednesday, September 9th for students to learn more about the department as part of the university convocation day.
The virtual faculty panel will give incoming students an opportunity to learn a little bit about our program, and hear from three faculty members. Faculty will speak about topics like the subfields of psychology, opportunities that are available to undergraduates (e.g., research assistantships, teaching assistantships, peer advising, etc.), and general tips or advice that they have to share. We will have open time at the end for attendees to ask questions to our panelists.
Time and login details: Wednesday 9/9 from 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM via Zoom
Meeting ID: 813 0239 1211
Student Q&A panel
The virtual student Q&A panel will give incoming students an opportunity to hear from three current psychology majors and their experiences at UNCC generally and as psychology majors specifically. Each panelist will share his/her response to questions like:
- What do you like most about being a student at UNCC? About being a psych major at UNCC?
- Why did you decide to major in psych?
- What do you wish you would have known before deciding to major in psych?
- Briefly describe the psychology department related opportunities you've been involved in (TA, RA, peer advising, etc.) and how they've benefitted you.
- What advice would you give to new students? (This can be anything! Doesn't have to be related to psychology)
We will have open time at the end for attendees to ask questions to our panelists.
Time and login details: Thursday 9/10 from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM via Zoom
Meeting ID: 815 4026 9799