Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate psychology students and undergraduate psychology majors and minors, who meet the minimum qualifications. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Association for Psychological Science (APS).
Why should you join Psi Chi?
- We offer our members information regarding research assistantships, graduate programs, and networking with faculty in the field of Psychology. Additionally, you will have access to scholarships, articles, and other career-related opportunities via the Psi Chi website.
Psi Chi prides itself on being actively involved in the community. Some of the organizations we support:
- Our chapter hosts several social events throughout the semester including but not limited to
- Movie nights
- Game nights
- Art & craft nights
How to become a member?
- Each Semester, the department will contact students who meet the requirements listed below to apply for membership and participate in the induction ceremony.
Requirements – In order to be eligible for Psi Chi membership you must first:
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program
- have completed at least 3 semesters or the equivalent of full-time college coursework
- have completed at least 9 credits of psychology courses
- have earned a cumulative 3.3 GPA (on a 4-point scale)
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA on average for psychology courses
Transfer Students must additionally:
- complete at least 12 total credits (approximately 1 semester at full-time) and 9 psychology credits at UNC Charlotte
Where do we meet?
- Our Chapter meetings take place twice a month during the Fall and Spring semesters (we will communicate the location and time by email and on our social media platforms)
- Attendance Policy – Members can miss up to two meetings a semester, unless there is a schedule conflict or advanced notice is given.
Can you still come to meetings/events if you are not a member?
- Absolutely! We encourage everyone who has an interest in psychology (particularly if you plan on a career in psychology) to come to our meetings, events, and fundraisers.
Connect with us
- If you have questions that still need answering please email us